Now that you've learned 6 Easy Ways to Network Yourself & Your Business on LinkedIn and have set up your business page by following the steps in my last blog Should My Business Be On LinkedIn?, it's time to amplify all the great content your company page is sharing.
Amplify Your Content
When your company page followers like, share, or comment on your company updates, they effectively amplify your voice, thus extending your reach. Amplification through sharing is the equivalent of getting an endorsement from a trusted friend. Here are 7 quick tips to get more engagement and reach with your content:
- Quickly add LinkedIn functionality to your website with LinedIn’s easy-to-use plugins
- Boost Your Amps - LinkedIn regularly does studies on what works and what doesn’t. They’ve found some keys to getting the most of amplifying your updates and potentially getting them to go viral.
- Publish or share relevant Top X lists (e.g., Top 10 Promotional Strategies for Small Businesses)
- Encourage customer reviews and recommendations about your products and serves
- Cater to your audience’s interests based on customer feedback
- Participate in discussions with customers in the comments sections of your posts
- Be Branded - For maximum recognition and consistency, brand your LinkedIn page to match your company’s website and brand guidelines.
- Be Media Rich – Get your company page to stand out using a variety of high quality media such as videos and slideshare.
- Enhance Discoverability – In all content, be mindful of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Getting your company page to appear at the top of search engine results will give you more exposure, more followers, and more visibility.
- Evaluate & Refine Your Campaign Strategy – You’ll need a strategy for measuring the success of your campaign efforts. Get the pulse on what is and isn’t working, and refine your efforts accordingly. Use LinkedIn’s analytics page to measure performance such as engagement, activity, and followers.
- Manage Content – The larger the company, the more you need to establish a content management team that meets and discusses the publishing schedule.
Need a little inspiration? Check out 12 Businesses With Fantastic LinkedIn Company Pages. Remember that people turn to Linked to consume professional content. Keep in mind your audience, your brand strategy, and these seven tips when posting company updates. What companies do you follow on LinkedIn? What makes you continue to follow them?