Would you rather continue to spend your advertising dollars on less targeted media to get greater reach and awareness, or focus on a narrower but more potent audience? Here are six great reasons why you get the most bang for your buck with Facebook Advertising!
1. Find People Easily. You can choose the audience that you want to see your ad. Facebook allows you to narrow down your audience by demographics, location, interests, income, contact information, and more! Figure out your target market demographics and create targeted ads to reach your ideal customer.
2. Choose your marketing objective. Facebook offers multiple objectives to choose from to help you reach your goals: Get people to like your facebook page, or claim a coupon/offer, or target people on Facebook that have visited your website. Here you can see the multiple options:
3. It's affordable for any size of practice. You decide exactly how much to spend. You can begin as low as $5. As an example, you can choose to spend $50 per day for three days or $100 total for a week. Test various different creative ideas in advertising. Start with a very small budget and with several different pictures and headlines to determine what works best. You can always pause or change your settings of your ad. Link ads to both your Facebook page and your website. How much should you spend on marketing? Business to Consumer services spend an average of 9% of sales revenue on marketing and 2% of that marketing budget is spent on social media.
4. Your ads will appear on Instagram also. On Instagram, your business can use photos, videos and ads to inspire people, build awareness and drive action. Facebook owns Instagram, so when you create a Facebook ad it gives you the option to also run that same ad on Instagram, even if your business doesn’t have an Instagram account.
5. Build beautiful ads. Whether you want to use video, photo or text—or a combination of those elements—there’s a Facebook ad format for every story. Make sure the video or picture is eye-catching and keeps your attention. Don’t use pictures with text on it (Facebook won’t boost it if it has more than 20% text). Get inspiration from these successful ad campaigns: https://www.facebook.com/business/inspiration
6. Measure your ads. In your Ads Manager dashboard, you can measure how the ad is performing. Measure leads, purchases, clicks, engagement, etc. As I mentioned earlier, use A/B tests to determine which ad strategies perform best and find ways to improve your future campaigns.
Jeremy Yost from Yost Enterprises in Charleston, IL has seen great success spending most of his advertising budget on Facebook for his apartment buildings. “Facebook advertising has changed the rental business! Our company advertises our family properties through Facebook and we have been able to lease up multiple buildings and keep solid occupancy at our properties.”
Don’t be intimidated with social media advertising. Dip your toe in the water and start with a smaller budget. Create an engaging eye-catching ad, track your results, and reap the benefits!