Social networks function as huge on-line communities, communities where your customers and potential customers are. Using these tools like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter can benefit your organization in more ways than you can imagine. (See my past blog Growing With Social Media.)
How To Get More Followers
So you have your business page set up on Facebook, but only have a few followers? You're posting great content but no one is seeing it? The more followers you have, the more potential clients you have. Here are some tips on how to get more followers to like your page for free (aka organically):
- Invite your Facebook friends and customers to like your page.
- Are you collecting your customers’ email addresses? You should be. Facebook allows you to upload your email contacts to invite them to like and follow your business page.
- Search for customers on Facebook and invite them to like your page.
- Invite every new contact in the community you meet, business networking members, friends, neighbors, etc.
- Include your social links on your website, email signatures, and every piece of marketing material.
- Use Facebook’s page plugin on your website. This handy tool allows visitors on your website to like and share your Facebook page without leaving your site.
- The most important rule of social media is to post really great content that people want to share. This can be tricky, but just remember to not be too “selly” and make sure the information is interesting, inspiring, or instructional. You can use pictures, videos, blogs, quotes, events, incentives, or anything related to your industry. The cool thing is that not only does this content go out to your Facebook friends, but if they interact with your post (like, share, or comment) all of their friends also see the information. Hello - rapid word of mouth! The amount of exposure is unlimited.
- You can also pay to grow your following. According to Mediavioninteractive.com, there are over 1 billion Facebook user and more than 100 million business pages. You can either wait for people to find your page in the giant Facebook world, OR pay Facebook to go tell your ideal customers that your page exists and invite them to come follow you. Now that’s an easy choice.
Creating a successful Facebook page requires invested time. Find out how to create a business Facebook page and social media marketing action plan by attending our Growing Leaders event on Nov 4 from 1:00-3:30 pm in Mattoon at the Life Span Center. If you cannot attend, read here about Dau Consulting’s social media marketing services.